Sunday, July 5, 2015

Traveling

This past weekend, JT and I had a three day weekend for the Fourth of July, and we drove out to Cincinnati to spend the holiday with JT's family.  This had the fabulous benefit of resulting in not one but two rest days!  Lazy girls rejoice!

Unfortunately, it also resulted in running on some arguably hilly-er (is that a word?) terrain than I am used to at home.   As a result of that, or possibly running in the morning as opposed to evening, both JT and I found our one-mile times to be noticeabley slower than runs earlier this week.

I am hoping that once we get back to running at home after work next week that we will both see the improvement we are looking for. Then again, this is still only Week Two. I've never been very good at managing my expectations. Sometimes that's a good thing, but a lot of the time it just leads to me getting frustrated with myself very quickly.

Here's JT's Workout Plan from the last four days.

W1:D4
Rest

W1:D5
Run 1 mile at 11:00 minute pace - rest 5 minutes - jog 1/2 mile at 11:00 minute pace - 3 sets of drills
Drills: 10 squats, 20 crunches

W1:D6
Rest (though we did spend a good amount of time playing volleyball)

W1:D7
Run 1 mile at 11:00 minute pace - rest 5 minute - 4 sets of drills
Drills: 20m side-to-sides, 20m high kicks

JT hasn't made the plan for next week yet, but he has hinted that it will involve intervals. I'm not entirely sure what this means, but I suspect it will somehow be considerably harder than the straight jogs we've been doing this week. Perhaps that means it will also be considerably more effective at improving my fitness.  Or perhaps my expectations are getting away from me already.

No comments:

Post a Comment